Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sean Taylor Memorial Meast Of The Week – Wild Card Round


It’s firing season in the NFL, and I’m disappointed to see that only FOUR coaches thus far have been fired, or resigned, or left their earthly bodies to rise up to heaven and toss lightning bolts at gays, as Joe Gibbs has. “Oh thank you, Coach Gibbs! For all you’ve done for Washington!” Pfft. Whatever. That guy’s a fucking dork.

This is unacceptable. We need to see more coaches fired. I know personally, there’s nothing more exciting than when a coach is fired. Yeah, I know this is a man with a family losing his job, but whatever. It gives me a solid day of chatter, and that’s all I care about. Why did he get fired? Was it because he sucked, or did people just hate his fucking guts? Did players start to tune him out? Did he refuse to fire that one shit QB coach? Did he think he was coming back only to be completely blindsided? I love it when that happens.

Then there’s all the speculation of who gets to replace the asshole who got canned. Pete Carroll? Really? Isn’t he just a male cheerleader with a headset? Bob Stoops? Fuck that. He’d never leave. Or would he? Oooh! Oooh! What about Jimmy Johnson? Can anyone get him off his fucking boat? I hear Jason Garrett is a hot name, and not just because of his fiery red hair! MARTYBALL COULD BE BACK!

You see? Coaching changes are crazy fun. Except for the coach. And his assistants. But fuck them. If they didn’t want to get fired, they shouldn’t have sucked so bad. If I owned a team, I’d fire my coach every year. Just to keep things intriguing. Can’t have things get stale.

Every year, towards the end of the season, I run down all the teams and try and figure out just which coaches could be potentially fired. Then I root for ALL of them to go down. It never happens, but come on, owners. There are plenty of shit coaches out there you can still send to the dole. Rod Marinelli? Really? He gets to keep his job? He blows. And so does Shanahan. And Childress. And Marvin Lewis! Holy shit, I wouldn’t hire Marvin Lewis to park my fucking car! FIRE THEM ALL! It really fills the week nicely!

Anyway, your Meast of the Wild Card round is Maurice Jones-Drew.


Two TD’s in a road win over the Steelers will get you that title. Call him mini-meast.

15 comments:

Ian Striz said...

NFL owners firing coaches is sort of like 11 year olds trading [insert latest fad here] cards. The same ones just keep getting recycled.

Unless they coached for the Lions of course. That's where coaches go to die.

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve said...

You're really trying to get Ape to run you over with his car, aren't you?

drozz said...

why fire brad childress? i mean, i know he sucks, but think about the other 16 teams minnesota plays that he does so much for.

Christmas Ape said...

Running over Drew requires a truck minimum.

Also: fire Bruce Arians!

5150cd said...

Hopefully he repeats as Meast.

hfrog355 said...

"And Marvin Lewis! Holy shit, I wouldn’t hire Marvin Lewis to park my fucking car!"

I think I just pissed my pants. This sucks, I don't have time to run home.

smurphette said...

"or left their earthly bodies to rise up to heaven and toss lightning bolts at gays, as Joe Gibbs has."

Drew, don't mess with me like that. For a second there I was horrified that Dungy had been fired . . .

smurphette said...

Also: fire Russ Purnell!

5150cd said...

As usual, smurphette has the right idea. Purnell is shitty and how he still has a job is amazing.

Rob I said...

Shoulda been you, Lovie.

Big Daddy Drew said...

Hey Iracane, I got a commenting meme that's fucking lame for ya...

Phony Gwynn said...

He blows. And so does Shanahan.

But he's got two Sup--

Ahh, fuck it.

Tory Hobson said...

Speaking of mini-meast and the Jags, has anyone heard the song about Del Rio?

DeezeNutz said...

That picture of M. Jones Drew looks photoshopped. Why does he keep pointing at me? Is he mocking me?

Anyway, fucking Brad Childress should not, not, not have a job. How do you not use Adrian Fucking Peterson? WTF? He is solely responsible for mine, and most likely many others, loss in the championship. Eat a bowl of dick up Childress, you fucking dork.