Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's Finally Here! The Wait Is Over!


Well, we've been waiting ALL WEEK for this Super Bowl, and today it's finally arrived. I'm so excited. It's like Christmas, only without the bittersweet rememberance of dead family members. Finally, the fucking Super Bowl is here!

What? It's not today? You mean I gotta wait a whole other fucking week for this fucking game? Jesus. Way to take a cue from college football, NFL. It may as well be the offseason already. I don't even LIKE these teams. The only fan who needed two weeks to figure out how to get to the Super Bowl was the girl with tits for brains in the post below. Oh, thank God she made it.

What am I supposed to do now? Watch college basketball? With no money involved?

Fuck me, bro.

8 comments:

doug_plank said...

Sundays like this is why God invented the Lifetime network.

Hallmark it out, bitch.

Mike said...

Most depressing weekend of the year, without question. For three straight weeks, the tension gets ratcheted up, more & more. Teams get eliminated, surprises emerge, classic games enter the annals.

Then fucking nothing, a dead weekend right in the middle of the run-up. What a nightmare. If it was cloudy or rainy today, or if my wife was paying the monthly tab, I'd probably have slit my wrists by now.

Fuck, she is. No football, no booty. One hour and eleven minutes til drinkin time, I guess.

Signal to Noise said...

Waiting for NBA doubleheaders to pass the time on a Sunday isn't the same.

I think it's a "clean the apartment" day, sadly.

Josh Drimmer said...

and then after the super bowl, I'll be on suicide watch until baseball starts, or at least feel like I should be. the NFL should have something to fill this bowl with. I propose an actual "[Anticipated #1 Draft Pick] Bowl" here, where the two worst teams in the league play for the right to the top pick, thus having to do something to get it. it's the natural counterbalance to the Super Bowl (best teams---worst teams), and we could put it in Jacksonville to ensure that a Super Bowl is never played there again.

Beantown said...

I just watched Psych on USA Network - somebody put a freakin' bullet in my head!

Laser Rocket Arm said...

NFL Network = methadone for the football junkie. Except if they're running cheerleader tryout marathons. Then it means I can't peel my husband away from the TV.

The Big Picture said...

now i know what a strip club looks like on a sunday afternoon...

Anonymous said...

This Sunday sucked. It gave us a taste of what the next six months of Sundays will be like. I spent an hour looking at bodog prop bets for next Sunday. What the hell do I do once the Super Bowl is over next week?

I call on the KSK gay mafia to help us. We need a 8000 word post explaining what to do on Sundays once football season ends.

Please, KSK, you're our only hope...