Sunday, January 7, 2007

How 'bout dem Cowboys???


Tony Romo may have a bright future in the NFL. He may be tapping some hot country singer ass. But today, I sure as hell wouldn't trade places with him. Romo made the weekend of Cowboy Haters nation-wide. No less a wordsmith than my old man called Romo's dropped snap: "a plain old choke."


It seems unfortunate that No Mo' Romo will be remembered as the sole reason for Dallas crapping the bed. Hopefully, history will note Snitchin' Terry Glenn's significant contribution to the collapse.

Feeling cautiously optimistic, I checked the ebays this morning to see if one particular Cowboys fan had weighed in with his thoughts on Dallas's latest come from ahead loss. He did not disappoint....

Hopefully this poor bastard didn't do anything rash. We would miss clowning on him next season.

Thanks to commerter gnarticulation for the link to the Romo pic.

12 comments:

Unsilent Majority said...

I love me some angry Halen.

well done senor flubby

Signal to Noise said...

Now if the Giants lose, my weekend of loathing will be complete.

genius said...

WOW! The title of this anti-Cowboys post is OH so witty!!! It's just so fresh!

Beantown said...

Watching the game live, I thought Romo was just going to walk in for the TD. That was one hell of a play from Babineux (spelling) jumping over a guy and getting his legs from from behind. I'm not a Boys fan but but you have to feel for Romocop today, god he must feel like shit....can you say suicide watch?

Anonymous said...

Let me be the only one here, rather than wallow in the hilarious misery that is now the life of Tony Romo, to actually revel in the Seahawks victory. It was a game the likes of which I have never seen before, and don't think I could survive going through it again.

Everyone can drink up the Haterade on the Hawks, and I'll even agree the Cowboys lost it more than we won it, but we're feeling pretty confident going into Chicago (thank you, David Akers). This season ain't over for us yet, and they team we're playing better hope it ain't close at the end, because The Iceman will be there to nail the door shut at the end.

See you in the Midway.

Tom said...

This generation's Jackie Smith?

Yeah, I think so too.

(Sorry Dallas fans)

doug_plank said...

Yes, the Seahawks were most impressive last time they were in Chicago.

Beantown said...

It will be interesting to see how long they stick with Sexy Rexy if he throws a couple picks early. Going into Chitown wouldn't scare me, the defense has injuries and is giving up the run but the Hawks are not exactly a juggernaut right now either.

thope said...

cowboys shadenfreude is the best thing ever

joedokes said...

This reminds me of North Dallas 40, but I can't find the scene online.

Unsilent Majority said...

cowboys shadenfreude is the best thing ever

http://redskins.aolsportsblogs.com

Nathan said...

Ha, that guy in the video is about to cry. The look on his face was was of pure violation. I wonder if he was sober enough to go to work this morning.