Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thank God For This White Skin!


Let me just start off by saying that I hate racism. Seriously. I don’t care for it at all. I grew up learning about Martin Luther King, Frederick Douglass, and lots of other pioneers for civil rights. I admire their work, and I do my best to live my life without judging people based on their race, religion or anything else like that. I’m not perfect, but I try my best, and I think making a constant effort is a small victory in and of itself.

But ever since I was suspended for two games for my double DUI convictions, I do have to say that, while racism really sucks, being white sure comes in handy when you need it. And to that I say, thank god for this white skin!

I can’t tell you how many times having white skin has saved my ass. Sure, I was convicted for DUI twice. But those were just the times I was arrested! I’ve been caught dozens of times. Often with a hooker! Mostly, the cop pulls me over, checks my license, then gives me a playful punch on the shoulder, saying, “You dog, you! Don’t you know we got a game tomorrow?! You go home and get yourself a good night’s sleep, and GO CHIEFS!” I always figured they let it slide because I play football. But then the same thing has happened, like, thirty times to my buddy Roscoe. And he can’t play football worth a shit. But he’s whiter than a stack of Hammermill copier paper. So it’s gotta be the skin. Whew!

And my white skin has uses outside of the legal system. Like the other day, I went to buy a soda, but was 50 cents short. So I went outside and asked a couple passersby for some spare change. None of them batted a fucking eyelash! Some guy handed me a crisp twenty, smiled, and just said, “Pay it forward, buddy.” I mean, holy shit! Can you believe that? That Eddie Murphy skit wasn’t lying at all! That shit actually happens!



Wow!

Sometimes I feel bad that this white skin has proven so effective in helping he wriggle out of jams. But what am I supposed to do, ask to be thrown in jail? Look, I’m only human. I’m allowed a certain amount of self-preservation. Having white skin accords you certain privileges. I’d be an idiot not to take advantage of them. Just last week, some real estate guy offered me a job after I retire. I don’t know anything about real estate. Shit, I went to Idaho State. Sometimes I spell my name with two r’s by accident. But I can white out any spelling errors with my trusty white skin. It’s amazing.

I feel bad that Pacman Jones was suspended without actually having been convicted of anything. And I feel bad that Michael Vick has already been convicted in the court of public opinion. But what good does it do if I go up to the commish and say, “Hey Rog, how about suspending me for 8 games instead of 2?” Not only would it solve nothing, it’s just dumb. Punishing me more isn't gonna make black player stereotypes any better now, is it? So why suffer needlessly when other people will just keep suffering needlessly? Way better to keep a low profile and let that shitstorm pass right on over.

I guess the league has to act whenever the actions of a player threaten to tarnish the league’s image. And it’s way worse to the league’s image when a black dude is the perpetrator. Is that fair? Hell no. But you won’t see me complaining. I’m just glad those crazy PETA assholes haven’t camped out in front of my house. After all, I do enjoy hunting on occasion. I don’t want them spray painting any of my shit. That’s stuff is hard to get off, and I hate the smell of turpenoid.

And it’s not like the league has control over all the racism out there. They’re in the business of pleasing customers. And if customers want Pacman Jones fucked sideways, what choice is there? That’s just smart business. Either way, I’m glad it’s not my problem to deal with! Some people have even pointed out the hypocrisy of the situation, yet still nothing has happened! That just shows you the power of my blinding whiteness!

I hate racism, but thank God for this white skin!

(kisses skin)

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go get ass shitfaced and drive down an embankment going 90.

24 comments:

Ken Dynamo said...

and thank goodness every person in the st. louis cardinals organization who's had a drinking or drug problem has been white. people might get the wrong idea about those scrappy ball players!

Josh said...

very nicely done. anyone capable of keeping two thoughts in their head at the same time should be able to condemn Vick for what he did while also recognizing that he's getting, for lack of a better word, lynched by the media.

Anonymous said...

there's an "ufford's so white he goes around killing prostitutes and stabbing the homeless with impunity" joke in there somewhere but i'm all 'dead hooker joke'd out this morning.

Anonymous said...

Damn, if Leonard Little were white, he'd probably have killed 30 people by now. Until the day that that becomes a reality, we will not be truly equal.

Big Daddy Drew said...

I'm sorry, but I have to quote that sketch. It's probably my favorite sketch ever.

"What a silly Negro!"

Unknown said...

I have a dream that one day little white children and little black will be free to share the purple drank and drive to the strip club together.

Biggus Rickus said...

So is Axl singing of running down black pedestrians when he says, "I hit the bullseye every night"? Because I always assumed that had something to do with fucking.

Slash said...

Classic.

"Sometimes I spell my name with two r’s by accident."

Still chortling over that one.

I have no idea who this guy is. It's still funny.

I thank heavens every day for my whiteness. I ran over a pedestrian the other day, the cop just waved it off and said, "Hey, shit happens." Cops are real understanding like that.

Russ said...

OJ Simpsom agrees 100%

Anonymous said...

excellent call bdd....eddie murphy as a white man doinga social experiment.

Jarrett said...

Would this be an appropriate time to praise White Jesus?

Signal to Noise said...

(golf claps)

I usually revert to Chris Rock on these sorts of things: "It's all right 'cause it's all white."

Pemulis said...

Oh, I’m in no condition to drive. Wait a minute. I don’t have to listen to myself. I’m drunk.

Wormfather said...

Wait, you white people arnt afraid of the law?

You know by that standard of thinking, one would belive that when I have a white chick in the car that my likelyhood of being stopped should drop 50%, but some how I think it goes up 100%.

Weird.

MyBoysAreMyLife said...

@slash

That's Jarred Allen

Mike Murray said...

I had to check my address bar in my browser to make sure I wasn't at theonion.com... nice work.

Hercules Rockefeller said...

biggus,

No, but he does tell police and n***ers to get out of his way, because he doesn't need to buy none of their gold chains today.

jackin'4beats said...

Clayton Bigsby is not impressed.

I think NOIS may be reviewing these questionable events.

B.T.M.M. said...

Didn't know Jared Allen had a drinking problem, although I should've figured it out. Last season I was watching some NFL game and they were doing the thing where the players say their names and where they went to college.

Most guys just stare moodily into the camera and say things like, "So-and-so, THE! Ohio State University." But not Jared, he cracks a wide smile and says, "Homeschooled! Thanks Mom."

Anonymous said...

Leonard Little got two DUIs and killed a person in his first incident.

How that black man is still in the league and not in jail is beyond my comprehension.

Of course, this was before Nazi commissioner Roger Goodell changed the rules.

Little hasn't really ever been chastised for his unfortunate actions.

Is that the case of a black guy being treated like the whitey you discuss here? Or did Little just "luck out" and not commit his shit during the Goodell era?

Anonymous said...

This article is awesome.

bizzo5000 said...

I read that entire article thinking it was Trent Green, then I realized it was about that drunk asshole who wasn't Leonard Little. All white people look alike to me.

Otto Man said...

"What a silly Negro!"

"Do you know of any other banks like this in the area?"

Dre said...

Fucking classic. Awesome job.