Monday, March 10, 2008

Favre retires day seven: flogging the expired equine


With the retirement of Brett Favre, die-hard Packer fans are struggling to come to grips with the loss of the face of the franchise. Message boards are full of cheeseheads sharing their favorite Favre memories. And since we have absolutely nothing else ready, we thought we would share a few of favorites with you verbatim...

"Have you heard about this video Brett Favre 4 Ever? Believe me, this is the only thing than get a classroom full of third-graders to shut the hell up on a Monday morning when I have a raging fucking hangover. God bless you, Brett." -Sharon, Appleton, WI


"I finally got to see Pack play in person a few years back. Me & my boy Mikey called in sick so we could start tailgating on Friday. Freaking Lambeau man! We hooked up with Mikey's cousin DeWayne and his buddies. Brett threw this gorgeous spiral that seemed to hang in the air just long enough for Driver to snatch out of the air. It was amazing. Fourth quarter comeback. Up yours, Carolina. The best throw I've ever seen. I mean real poetry man. On the way home Mikey ran his van off the road and hit this homeless looking guy on the side of the road. We freaked out for a couple minutes and then decided to get the fuck out before the cops got there, but we were pretty sure he was dead. Man, was that a great freaking throw." -Phil, Rockford, IL

"One time Daddy put all of our stuff in the truck except for the tv. Daddy said if Brett Farv didn't win by more than 10 points we had to go away because some bad men wanted tocome get Daddy. I didn;t want to go away but Brett Farve winned and I didnt have to go away. I love Bret" - Kaden, Kenosha, WI

10 comments:

brad said...

"I remember the first time I saw Brett pretend to throw a pass after he handed off the ball. It gave me goosebumps to see someone look like he was having so much fun out there. Knowing that I will never see that again makes me weep uncontrollably." -Cletus, Kenosha, WI

WV: Hossigi. Is that a brand of brats?

Grimey said...

"Dinsdale." - Kellyn K., Bristol, CT

futuremrsrickankiel said...

Needs more not-rape.

Leaking Geek said...

"I wept because Brett wept. And you know, he was having so much fun weeping, he made me want to go out and weep with that kind of reckless abandon. I was embarrassed at my lack of passion for weeping. So I went into the garage and smashed my hand with a hammer with the kind of zeal I knew Brett would put into self-loathing. And I knew I was better for it. God Bless you, Saint Brett of the 4." -Boris, Kenosha WI

Chris(BessMervinGirlDetective) said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XL21rbJaVA

Gonna go slip on my wranglers and my shit kickers(for those not from the south thats what we call boots), and go throw some tight spirals in honor of number 4.

Unknown said...

I once saw Brett Favre scissor kick Angela Lansbury.

J said...

Best...teacher...ever!

hi there mary said...

i only can hope that when aaron rogers gets benched in november that the fans can honor his departure in message-board tributes and homoerotic youtube videos.

Animal Mother said...

Yo, yous guys remember dat year when the Pack ain't so good. They won like 3 games all season. All sorts a suckers wuz bettin on dem. "Favre ain't that bad" or "Favre'll turn dem around" was all I heard. They couldn't cover the ground with a tarp, let along the spread.

Long story, short. My book made more cash, broke more legs and hands dat year then the previous 3 all thanks to that gunslinger Favre. -Vinnie, Brooklyn, NY

allyoucaneatshrimp said...

this was the only way i could deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVnJkLFmXL4