Monday, October 2, 2006

One-Dump Preview: MNF Week 4

I don't know if you would call this QB matchup fascinating, but it's pretty good, as the Relatively Middle-Aged Gunslinger squares off against the Relatively Assimilated Scrambler. The career of Donovan McNabb, who had to alter his game to become more of a drop-back passer, seems almost antithetical to that of Favre, an (overly) agressive thrower whose skills have diminished, in the twilight of a Hall-of-Fame career, but whose cerebral instincts have failed to adjust accordingly.

Despite some funky shit going on with his knee, Brian Westbrook expects to play. He did practice Saturday (for the first time all week) and should have a good game against a pisspoor Packer defense.

Honestly, Green Bay really has no business winning this game. I'm hoping for at least three quarters of interesting football tonight, but I suspect McNabb and friends are going to go all Kunta Kinte on their guests and put this one out of reach early. But if Tony K drops a "Kunta Kinte," it will all be worthwhile.

6 comments:

The Big Picture said...

tony has to call the game on yom kippur. bet he's grouchy tonight.

Becky said...

MMP, you running the show yourself today? L'Chaim.

DCThrowback said...

Wrong-o. GB covers the points tonight in a game much closer than most (read: the public) thinks. Grab the 12.

I also read Westbrook is OUT for this game (as is Ahman Green).

Otto Man said...

I've got the Iggles in my suicide pool. They get points for the D-cell batteries thrown by the fans, right?

PUNTE said...

Yeah, I saw that report. I was surprised when I read earlier that he was going to get the start.

the rude sports pundit said...

I don't see how Green Bay wins another game, with old man Favre at the helm. This game also validates my theory, any time a good team is playing a crappy team, take the good team, no matter the spread...