Monday, July 31, 2006

YOU like Bootsy Collins? I like Bootsy Collins!

It's Monday morning, and I've already eaten a 7 x 7 pan of Skyline Chili 3-way. It's a Cincinnati specialty, even a delicacy. But in no way is it breakfast. To the non-initiated, it is so named not for it's hot girl-on-guy-on-girl action, but for it's three ingredients: chili, spaghetti, cheese. Three-way. Oh yeah, and I'm still hungry.

Another Cincinnati treasure that some of you may not know is legendary funker Bootsy Collins. While referring to Bootsy as "the Joe Jurevicius of funk" may be accurate and condescending at the same time, Collins is renowned for his eccentric dress as well as being a black man one can safely refer to as "Bootsy."

Here is Bootsy working it with some of the Bengals in Paul Brown Stadium in a rendition of "Fear Da Tiger." Or something (Skyline 3-way not pictured).




Okay, so this is not a great clip. But, hey, we're allowed to get it wrong once in a while...aren't we?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice breakfast, lardass. Top that off with some Graeters ice cream and you're good.

Anonymous said...

Which one was Mary Beth King?

BoSox Siobhan said...

Is there a vegetarian version?

Anonymous said...

They actualy play this on the Jumbotron at games

farris said...

Stay Classy, Price Hill Chili.

PUNTE said...

I think the pan was closer to 9 x 9, now that I think about it.

Anonymous said...

there is a vegitarian burrito at skyline that is filled with a black bean concoction that tastes surprisingly like the chili. My wife gets it all of the time, and it's probably the menu's best kept secret.

Nyssa23 said...

Chili and cheese on spaghetti? Sounds strangely tasty. For breakfast though, not so much.

P.S. I absolutely love Bootzilla and demand to know why he is not more famous.

Anonymous said...

Nyssa23,

I love the bootster too, but the reason he's not more famous is because ther's cats out there like Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, and the alltime #1 bassist of all times Jaco Pastorious, RIP baby, you are the muthafuckin man.

Anonymous said...

A breakfast menu? Did PK post this under MMP as payback?

PUNTE said...

Rich, I was looking for a tie-in to a couple of Cincinnati institutions. What better way to do that than with another Cincinnati institution.

Also, the innuendo of "three-way" was too much to pass up. And I would hardly call that item a "breakfast menu."

BoSox Siobhan said...

Three-way. Not just for breakfast anymore. Or something.

farris said...

Chili Town, I hate to correct someone with a longer standing "internet" reputation than me, but there are more Hofbrauhaus'sss in the world than just Newport. As a former resident of the 'nati, I was under the assumption that this was true as well. Then I moved to Vegas and dammit if they didn't ruin it for my Ohio River Pride. There's one here near the Hard Rock Hotel. I think there's also one in Sydney, Aust. But yeah, sorry to ruin that for you...

Anonymous said...

Yeah…that's ok. At least you didn't tell us about your pumpkin-spice, non-fat, venti latte or how there was no leg-room on your train-ride to work

MoonshineMike said...

Three Way in Cincy....I've done that.

With chili as well.

Skyline rocks.

Anonymous said...

Joe Jurevicius of funk? NFW. Bootsy is the Clinton Portis of funk.

Bootsy is funkier than Stanley, Marcus and Victor for sure. Funk ain't about how many notes you play, it's where you play 'em.

p.s. Doesn't Skyline chili have chocolate in it?

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah. I'm a professional bass player and Bootsy is the God of funk bass... one of my heros.

Anonymous said...

not a great clip? not a great clip?

no, you guys got that one exactly right. that was awesome.