Friday, July 7, 2006

"Boom. Down There."

When I am 70 years old, I hope to be grossly overweight while living in a bus, aimlessly scribbling on shit, and getting paid to watch football. In other words, I want to be John Madden. Despite being a Pro Football Hall-of-Famer and broadcasting icon, he has also been on the ass-end of countless jokes and criticisms of football broadcasting. Our favorite, of course, would be his blatant overuse of the telestrator, that thingy that draws stuff on the screen, demonstrated here in a great Mad TV sketch (there was one?) c/o YouTube.



BTW, we are less than 7 weeks away from Madden 07 hitting stores. Can we pay for the game with chicken wings?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah the first time I saw this I was sitting in a room with my boyfriend and his parents, who I had just met. kind of difficult not to bust out laughing at the ol' brush fire.

Dweeze said...

It'd be a much better world if we could pay for everything with chicken wings.

Captain Caveman said...

Leave it to MadTV to stretch 60 funny seconds over three and a half minutes.

PUNTE said...

Agreed, it's really all downhill after "monkey = vagina."

Mike Terrill said...

I agree with dweeze. We should pay for everything in chicken wings.

Mr. B. said...

They tried the wing-based economy in Russia, and they wrecked the damn place...Oh, wait, that was Communism.

PUNTE said...

Jobber, that was just wrong.